Tuesday, April 7, 2015

3/30/15
Hello Family! 
     This week was slightly rougher than usual. We did a lot of finding but not to much teaching. We met some really cool people though. I met a guy named M who lived right off of North Phoenix Road. We are going to do some service for him and teach his family later this week so that will be fun.
   We definitely followed the spirit this week when it came to visiting Part member families. We saw a name on the ward roster that we had not seen before. So we decide to go visit them and they let us in. The husband says "that it's interesting that you guys came by today because last night I had a dream about missionaries and woke up wondering where you guys have been." It turns out they have not had missionaries stop by for 3 years. Another one was basically the same situation. Except we noticed that there was only one name down for this family and it was a women. So we said to ourselves " we are going  over there and there is going to be a man living with her who is not a member who wants to know more about the gospel." We ring the door bell and lo and behold a man opens the door and says that he IS a member and let us right on in. We were slightly confused, because that is not what we planned on and his name was not in the roster. Come to find out it was the laddies father who is active in the swift creek ward. Him and his family came over to his daughters house to have a rare dinner with the family. She seemed stand offish but willing to have us in. Her husband just as we planned is not a member and is willing to have us come over again. Her Dad really wanted us to work with her and him so that he was the only way we got in there. I know for a fact that we would not have been able to get in at any other time. its awesome when the lord leads you to the right place at the right time. 
    -Love Elder Wagner

4/06/15
Hey Family!! 
   Yes Elder B is getting transferred. I will really miss that guy. It took a while for us to get on the same tracks but he is an awesome person and a great missionary. I learned a ton from him about being a genuine person and how to communicate to others in a way that helps them feel loved. See I try to be genuine but sometimes I come off as short and not very loving. Mostly because the moment someone tells me there name I forget it and even upon asking for their name twice more I still struggle to remember. I think I am going to be an early victim of *alztimers. I hardley ever forget the first letter of someones name, which can come in handy when even my companion has forgotten their name i can help them remember what it was by shooting out a ton of names that start with that letter. Devon! Darrius! Drake! Drew! You get the point. 
   General Conference was awesome. By far my favorite talk was by Elder Anderson. the one with the analogy of Music and Dancing. I think a lot of members get caught up in the dancing but there is no music playing for them so it does not turn out the way they expect. I definetly need to apply this to myself. Ironically it really is not to hard to forget what my purpose is and the WHY on the mission. We get trapped in just doing the routines without thinking about the reason we get up at 6:30am amongst other things. Joseph smith said something along the lines of "Teach correct principles and people will be able to govern themselves." Something like that.. haha. Anyway this transfer has been a great learning experience for me all of which are have been noted in my journal which I try so hard to write in. Thus far I have been pretty consistent.
   I love you all and am gratefull for your prayers and love. -Elder Wagner

   

No comments:

Post a Comment