Tuesday, August 18, 2015

Aug 10, 2015
Hey family! This was an interesting week to say the least. T is
postponing his baptism till next weekend because he wants some of his
non member friends to come. 80% of the people who attend baptisimal
services get baptized as well. So we are not to worried about him
waiting a week haha.
 Unfortunately I won't be able to teach him in between that time
because I am getting Transfered!! I got a call on Saturday night that
I will now be serving as a zone leader in who knows where haha. I was
pretty positive that I was leaving, but I am kind of sad because
school literally gets started here a week after I leave so I will miss
the hordes of people that is usually the  norm around here. I am
always ready for a change though.
  
  We had an amazing miracle this week. So that picture with me and
Elder N and the city in the back round. We asked some fellow near
by to take the picture. Afterwards we talked to him and eventually the
conversation turned from him saying he was a logical thinker to
unloading a lot of his struggles that he had been going through that
left him tearing up. He is a retired navy guy who has a professional
career and is about to retire but he told us that he has been asking
himself desperately "what's the point?" He feels like he is existing
but he is not really living. He has been such a logical linear thinker
for most of his 50 years of living but for some reason he can't
describe, his emotions are taking control. For example he hasn't talked
to his Grandpa since he was a kid but he is missing him really badly.
   Simply put he really unloaded a lot of things that the plan of
salvation so easily would answer and give him comfort. It was one of
those times where it was so real. We talk to people everyday and try
to pull some concerns or questions out of them but there is no sense
of urgency or importance to them. Then here comes someone who simply
took a picture of us and then after talking we find out that the only
reason that he is still living (suicide ) is because his kids need
him.
   We testified of a lot of things In those few moments and put our
whole heart into it. He became very interested in meeting with
missionaries, we got all of his info and gave him the Book of Mormon
with some chapters to read.
  I feel like I am not giving this situation justice and how much it
impacted me, but the Lord is always going to put someone in our way
who needs us. It may be big, it may be small. Either way it is such a
big boost to run an errand for the Lord. I will probably not see him
again. But I Will treasure the experience



Aug 17, 2015
Hey All
   This week has flashed by quick, there are a lot of responsibilities that I have now that I never had to worry about haha. The Area I am in now is Spotsylvania. Its rather country but it has a lot of suburbish areas as well. People here are really open for some reason. We taught about 75% of the people we talked to which is really good. There are a lot of people here who are right on the edge of being baptized. Its kind of unusual for me, for the last 10 months I have been shotgunned into an area where not to much is happening and we have to start from scratch. That is not the case here. My companions name is Elder H he has a bout 3 months left on his mission. He is really awesome I have already learned a lot so much from him. I am probably going to end up killing him off (missionary talk which means he will send him home at the end of his mission) which will be sad, but I definitely want to stay here for a while. " Perhaps until the day I die( when he comes home the end of January)" haha. Who knows.
    We had a really cool experience this week. We were about to start teaching this girl on her porch when her Mom came out with arms crossed and her tough momma face on. She sat into the lesson and began to object to everything we said. I got to the point where we handed her Moroni 10:4,5 (4. And when ye shall receive these things, I would exhort you that ye would ask God, the Eternal Father, in the name of Christ, if these things are not true; and if ye shall ask with a sincere heart, with real intent, having faith in Christ, he will manifest the truth of it unto you, by the power of the Holy Ghost. 5. And by the power of the Holy Ghost ye may know the truth of all things.) and asked her to read it. She read out loud and by the time she finished her whole countenance changed. I wish I could reenact it for you! She covered her hand over her mouth and it was quiet for a little bit, then she said "I am going to look into this." We asked to her to explain what she was feeling and all she could say was " I am going to look into this more."  She committed herself to come to church and we commited her  to be baptized on a specific date; she readily agreed.
   I have never seen such a change come over someone so quickly my whole mission. Something in that scripture stuck out to her in a way that only made sense to her. The scriptures really do have the power to soften peoples hearts. I saw it happen right before my eyes. I am really grateful we have so much time to study them every morning and experience that change everyday.
    I love you all and love to here your stories keep em coming and I will send some your way as well.

Elder Wagner

No comments:

Post a Comment