Tuesday, March 11, 2014

20




Thank you so much for the birthday wishes! I emailed Krystal on her b day and gave her some instruntions for yours, but I don't think it sent :/ I also tried to email Kyle, but I don't think he got it either. If you haven't noticed with all my  weird paragraph spacing I am pretty terrible with this whole email thing. I didn't really even use email tilI I started school at BYUI.        I loved the B day gifts! Especially the Apron. Elder Jorgensen just graduated out of high school and didn't start cooking for himself till the mission. And when he did he cooked sandwiches and top ramon haha. I said no to that, so I usually cook lunch and dinner and having an apron is super helpful. Thank you :) The piano guys CD is awesome, but the Frosted album only had one song that worked on it. It was O My Father which I know for a fact is not on the frosted album haha.
Wow didn't mean to do that.... Anyway I have decided that I want to come home not only spiritually strong but also physically ripped haha so I have set up a pretty intense workout routine. More Importantly though I'm trying super hard to eat healthy. The day before today I made a vow to only eat sugar that is forced upon me by members and then I opened up your gift and all I see is Cinnamon rolls, moose munch, home made goodies and a tub of frosting!! Thanks MOM! I thought you were the healthy one! haha Of course I ate pretty much ALL of IT in one day... I shared with my companion though so don't feel to guilty ;) We both really enjoyed it.
Guess I did it again... So the missionary work in Farmville is pretty much exploding. When I first got here everyone said it was a super tough area, but it has been nothing but awesome for us. We get about 6 new investigators every week and have been teaching like crazy. So far no baptism dates, but we are getting there. Two days ago we had an interesting experience. We taught a 6'5" black ordained full time minister the restoration. Believe it or not we did not bash with him haha we simply taught the lesson by the spirit addressed his concerns testified about the BOM and challenged him to read and to pray about the things we said and the way he felt. We left with a prayer and that was it. When he first invited us in I was pretty intimidated, but I don't think I have ever been so bold in my life when he said " You are telling me that I am not 100% saved?" and I said "Yup" haha D and C 121 says to reprove with sharpness but to follow with an increase of love, which is what we did.                      The Gospel is true I know it with all my heart and when we come to such a knowledge we become very accountable. I drive myself crazy asking myself,  am I doing the things I profess to believe? We often get in debates with people about faith and works. Faith is the most essential thing. If you have true faith you will follow Christs example. You will try as hard as you can to love your  neighbor as yourself, and go out of your way to serve others. If you have true faith you will be doing those things and if your not striving to do, then your faith is not where it needs to be. " Arise from the dust and be men ( and Women) " I love you all so much and from that I love I hope you never become complacent it's the one thing that will ruin Gods most righteous children. Keep striving to be the person you want to be. You and in my thoughts and prayers - Elder Wagner

No comments:

Post a Comment