Monday, June 9, 2014

The best time to teach is when people are willing to listen


Hello family! This week has been an interesting one. Three times we have run into people who really want to bash it out with us. One of the guys honestly got me really angry. He said your wasting your time and that 20 years from now we will look back and wish we had never come out. And I said to myself “if only you knew.” We promised the guy that the gospel could bless his life amongst other things to which he replied “I’m too far gone I have experienced to many things.” I thought to myself again. “ If your conceding to the fact that what we share might be true, than are claim that it will bless your life may be true as well and that if you really wanted to change your life you would, which you  just admitted that you wouldn’t. Sooo in about 5 years from now you’re going to look back and wish that you listened to us, because your life is going nowhere but downhill.”
                Of course these are all thoughts in my head and I really shouldn’t be thinking them. It is not very Christ like haha. But on another experience I went a little farther and said exactly what I was thinking. This grumpy old guy who knew everything was testing our knowledge on how well we knew the bible. It turned more into guess what’s in my head game which I am pretty sure most everyone is terrible at. Anyway he would ask us a question and the moment our answer was beginning to make sense he would ask us another silly question before we could answer his first. It was so frustrating..  It finally got down to the point where my companion was literally trying to pull me way because it was worthless but I had to get at least one complete thought out there and if I was going to, it would have to be a good one. He had a lot of problems with the Book of Mormon ( which he had never read ) So I said “Sir I promise you if you read the Book of Mormon and pray to know if it’s true you will be answered by the source of all truth that Jesus is the Christ and that Joseph smith is his revelator in these last days and that the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter day saints is Gods kingdom restored on the earth.” To which he replied The only reason I would read the Book of Mormon would be so I could tell all you Mormons how wrong you are!” Then I said “Please do that, because once you read it, any words of anger and hate towards the Church of Jesus Christ of latter day saints will go no farther than your throat and when they reach that point you will choke on them.” And then we walked off.
                We had a couple more experiences like that, but I won’t go into them. However I did learn something. We were taught that the best time to teach is when people are willing to listen. And if they aren’t its best just to walk away. So next time I will be a little more courteous. \
                Spiritual experiences... On Splits me and member from the ward taught a young family about the plan of salvation. At first the lesson was kind of scatteres but as soon as we started testifying of eternal mfamilies the spirit was there and I know they felt it. Hopefully we plan on having Family home evening with that same family tonight
               We gave Reginald a baptisaimal date but we just found out that he has a real bad smoking problem that he doesn't plan on getting rid of anytime soon. I am sure we fix that though ;)
               We are still teaching the basketball dude his name is Jujuan. He loves the BOM!! I'll send you some picks of him :)
            Well I love you all remember the gospel is true!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! love-Elder Wagner.

No comments:

Post a Comment