Wednesday, May 7, 2014

Elder Bednar


This past week has been crazy... I guess I will just start with Elder Bednar. Woah. That really just sums it up. He truly is an apostle. The missionaries around these parts call him Shrednar because he just tares people apart haha. At one point he said "if you want to grow a beard as soon as you get off your mission those two years were in vain." That was like a slap to the face! I had just talked to Elder Jorgensen about how that was the first thing I was going to do haha.
But he mainly talked about the difference between a testimony and conversion. They are not the same. The only thing I can do to maybe explain it better is to read a talk called "Converted Unto the Lord" by David A. Bednar. That is my HW assignment for all who are reading this and if you don't read it, having just read this you will be held accountable ;) ahaha. But really it is an amazing.
In other news I am being transferred!!!!! And be for you even ask I have no clue where. I won't even be able to tell you where I am at till next when I email you next week. I do know that I will be biking so I am probably going to be in more populated area.
It is hard thinking about leaving Farmville though. I have developed some very close friendships with the missionaries, our investigators and the members of the branch. Believe it or not I am not looking forward to going to a ward. Simply because when you are in a branch you really are a part of a family. Me and Elder Jorgensen had a especially close bond with the branch president he is an amazing man and I hope that someday I can be like him.
I am looking forward to new challenges and new people. These 3 months have zipped right by, because we have worked so hard. And I expect no different in any other area that I serve. That is the one thing that I will never go back on. Get up at 6:30 and work till 9:30. I have 2 years and I have no intention of wasting this precious time that will dictate the direction I will go for the rest of my life. I love you all and look forward to skyping with you. I have got some pretty crazy stories to tell and I can't wait to hear yours -Elder Wagner


This is a link the the talk Elder Wagner mentioned by Elder Bednar,

No comments:

Post a Comment