Thursday, February 13, 2014

Airport Advenure

Hey all! I had quite an interesting day today. last night I set my alarm for 2:30 in the morning to be on the bus for the salt lake city airport. I woke up at 3:45 to frantic knocking on my door. Apparently, though I set my alarm I forgot to turn it on (Face Palm). So I frantically get all my things and head for the bus. We are now about an hour late so we were all rushing to the airport to get there on time. When we arrive at the airport I notice that I had left not only the one belt I ever loved, but also the only belt that I had brought on my mission (Face Palm). We then find out that our flight to Virginia has been canceled due to bad weather.So now we have to go back to the MTC till Friday which is when our next flight leaves. I almost face palmed myself again, but then it dawned on me that me and my lovely belt would be reunited. Then it wasn't so bad :) haha.                         So for the next two days me and  my two new companions will just be chillin at the MTC, and by chillin I mean doing service stuff. Anyways I'm sure we will get to Virginia eventually, I just got to work at being patient. While at the MTC it turns out there are a lot of things I need to work at if I want to be an effective missionary. 1.) Humble. Turns out I don't really know anything even though I like to think I do. 2.) Loving. Having a companion is an eye opener. 3.) I need to learn how to be selfless instinctively. I feel like I have to always be checking myself. I want to just be able to help and not think twice about it, just do it. Though I see all these flaws in myself I am feeling really good about this whole mission thing. It's away for me to work out all my kinks dinks and scratches and I am loving the process. Oh yeah, me and Elder Chaves committed a REAL investogator to be baptized and we hadn't even left the MTC! BOOYAH! It was really awesome :) Anyways I love you all. You are in my thoughts and prayers -Elder Wagner

No comments:

Post a Comment